8.12.11

Postcards for later.

I was going through a blog I had started in 2010. It was a blog where I put down my day in silly little paint brush drawings. As most whims go, it didn't last too long. However, today, going through those silly drawings brought back fond memories. So I decided, before I forget 2011 in the hustle and bustle of 2012, I should put down some of my fondest memories of 2011 down.

AK: Even though there were problems, AK made 2011 the best year ever. I re-discovering the joy of traveling, was exposed to new forms of art and music, added a tad more spontaneity to my life, and discovered how a little fashion everyday can lift the spirits. Thanks AK.

Kaziranga for AK's birthday: It was a short 5 day holiday, but the most memorable one we took together in 2011 (and we did take many holidays together). What really stands out for me is seeing a tiger for the first time in the wild, even though it was just a fleeting glimpse of a sliver of fiery orange and black through the binoculars held in our trembling hands. The other was setting up the whole surprise birthday celebrations for AK at Wildgrass and co-ordinating with the hotel to have flowers and the gift arranged for AK when we get back to the room.

21 days across Spain, Paris & Amsterdam in Autumn: It was a holiday that AK and I spoke about doing together from the very beginning. But sadly when it did happen, it was a holiday that exposed the cracks and eventually lead to us going our own ways.

Being on the jury of E***** 2011: In terms of work, there were many great ups and highs in 2011, but this has to be the highest high for me in 2011.

Holi party at my terrace: I played host for the first time and I wanted to be the 'host with the most'. And I think I was. The blow up swimming pool was a hit.

Cheese plate with home made bacon & spinach quiche and cheese twirls: It was all my love for cooking and eating and hours of watching the Food Channel on a platter. This has to be the most decadent thing I have ever made at home.

2011 has to be the best year ever in terms of work and personal life.
2012... hope you aren't any different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs