7.12.11

Instant noodles don't have to be boring.

So I have been on the GM diet a few time. I some how never go beyond day 1's all fruit diet. Have done day 1 of the diet about 4 times in the last couple of weeks and have never been able to go beyond. But Tuesday the 6th of November could have been different. I stayed the course with fruit for breakfast, lunch and evening snack. I was a little light headed, but who wouldn't be after having spent a whole day at work in meetings. 

So day 1, the fruit day was all going as plan until I got a call from a friend who said there was a little party where all the boys were going. Now, how can a few drinks at a place called Banana Bar be bad for my day 1 fruit only diet day. The evening was fantastic. As a newly singled boy, out and about again, the evening felt like my first season back when I was 17.

Now getting back to my diet, I didn't just have one too many drinks. I got home with hunger for carbs like never before. So I made myself some plain boiled rice with a dash of soy sauce and rice wine vinegar and a lovely fried egg, sunny side up on top. The lovely gooey yoke flowing over and into the sticky, salty, vinegary rice was just beautiful. I went to bed feeling comfortable with a stomach full of warm gooey egg soaked carbs and my GM diet out of the window, again.

With the diet broken for the 5th time, today was going to be a break day. I was going to spend time preparing myself for the 6th attempt. Oh well, who was I kidding. When I got home all I could think of was carbs and that fried egg. So with time on my hands and an inclination to make things more interesting than the night earlier, I decided to make the humble instant noodles lying in my draw interesting. 

I got out a pack of Koka Chicken Satay noodles, one onion, a handful of mushrooms, one egg and my favorite - emping. Emping is a kind of cracker made from melinjo nuts. An ex-colleague of mine from Indonesia gets me some whenever she is down here. She knows how much I love it. When fried its just like a nice rice cracker, but firmer and with a faint hint of bitterness. I don't usually fry it, just microwave it or spray it with oil and then microwave it if I am feeling indulgent.

So I made my noodles as per the instructions on the pack. It took me 2 mins. Sauted the onions till they were golden brown with the roughly chopped mushrooms. Mixed them into the noodles. Then fried the egg while microwaving the emping for a minute. 


In about 10mins tops, dinner was ready. Lovely fried egg, sunny side up sitting atop hot Chicken Satay instant noodles with mushrooms and a side of crispy emping. It was yum. It reminded me a little of the Mie Goreng I've had in Indonesia. 

Can somebody pls make me a diet with these foods? Please.

Here is the before picture. The after? Umm... I ate it all. Oops!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs